Over the past few years the group has decided to do a Thanksgiving dinner and have everyone bring a wine of their choosing that they think will go best with the turkey, dressing, gravy and all the makings. This year there was a little bit of everything across the spectrum of wines, see list below.
The Thanksgiving Dinner and tasting was put on by Richard R. and Linda and what a feast it was! The champane openers were excellent that went with all the cheeses, olives and pate. The turkeys were cooked to perfection along with stuffing, yams, potatoes, green beans and gravy. Last but not least pumpkin pie to finish the night off!! What a way to get the season off to a festive start and yes the wines were exceptional as well.
Here was the line up for the wines and pardon the spelling mistakes and hope they can be corrected as I was reading the bottle labels off the pictures that were taken.
1) Artarelli – Balcana Verdelho
2) Dr Loosen – Weldener Somenalor Riesling 2009
3) Albarino – Paco Lola – Paso Robles
4) Carlson Vineyards – Cougar Run Dry Gewürztraminer
5) Mer Soleil Silver – Uncorked Chardonnay 2010-SantaLuciaHighlandsMontereyCA.
6) Peoret Jacquenart –Champagne
7) Brouilly – Joseph Druhin -2009
8) Chenas – 2009 Hubert La Pierre
9) Morgon –CoteDu Bly
10) Patricia Green Cellers – Pinot Noir 2006Oregon
11) Anglum – Pinot Noir 2007 – Paso Robles
12) Meridian– Pinot Noir – 1998Santa Barbara
13) Chapellet – Musgey les Charmes 1988
14) Gigondas – Domain le Goubet
15) Richards Granacha
16) Kenneth Volk Vineyards – Touriga – Paso Robles 2009
17) Preston Dry Creek Zinfandel 2007
18) Black Bart – Syrah
It was a lot of wine to go through but someone had to do it. Tasting notes are in the comment section and I don’t think there were any group choice favorites just good wines! Add your comments below.